Baffled by Airport

Francis X. Maier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 5 22:47:01 2004

I'm running YDL 3.01 on an iMac with an Airport (802.11b) card.  The
card appears as configured and active, but I can't make an internet
connection.

Background:  I lease eight static IPs from Qwest.  Five are usable by
me.  Three are required by the system -- including the IP my Actiontech
router uses (168.103.XX.6).

I assign 168.103.XX.1 to my Airport Extreme base station, which then
operates as the gateway for my other computers.

The Xbox and the two Macs on my wireless LAN system work great,
manually configured with the base station as their gateway.

My Linux box is the problem.  Here's my current
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 file:

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=168.103.XX.7
IPADDR=168.103.XX.5
NETMASK=255.255.255.248
NETWORK=168.103.XX.0
ONBOOT=yes
CHANNEL=1
TYPE=Wireless
MODE=Auto
KEY=
RATE=Auto
GATEWAY=168.103.XX.1
ESSID=dannyman1

Can somebody steer me in the right direction?