outgoing e-mail and PINE

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 6 10:57:01 2004

Google is your friend. From the University of Washington site

Title:  How do I set a Reply-To line in Pine?

Question:
I want to send a message with a different Reply-To address than my usual
>From address. How can I do this in Pine?

Answer:
To set a Reply-To address in Pine:

1) Go to your Pine SETUP CONFIGURATION menu by typing 'S' and 'C' at
Pine's Main Menu.

2) Search (using 'W'hereIs) for the string "customized-hdrs". You should
find the following line:

        customized-hdrs          =

3) Change the value by pressing 'C' and enter the string "Reply-To"
followed by .

4) Exit and save your changes.

5) Now when you compose an email message, type ^R (Rich Hdr) while your
cursor is in the message header and you should see the Reply-To line. Fill
in the address you would like people to respond to.

The method above makes a blank Reply-To line available for you to fill in
while composing messages.  If you would like Pine to automatically fill in
an address for the Reply-To line, you can specify the address when you
configure customized headers.  The customized-hdrs line would look
something like this:

        customized-hdrs          = Reply-To: barney@bedrock.net

Note that you can delete this Reply-To address on individual messages as
you compose them.

peter