Ati radeon 7500 dualhead and Ibook = rpm database corrupted.

Andres Tello Abrego yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 8 21:44:01 2004

Yeap, again :)

I look at the brand new Xorg "X", I downloaded it, and compiled it, not
without a few glitches.

But anyway compiled. Why? Becose while reading the documentation of
Xorg, the ati radeon 7500 ML card was, of what I tougth, "Fully supported".

I tried to setup my dualhead configuration for xorg at my ibook g3 800
mhz, but no luck.
The most I get whas this:
1024x768 at lcd and 1024x768 at vga out, but with a worngs colors, a
yuky yellow, pretty ugly.

So, Lets start googlig...
It apperars some people have been able to configure this dualhead at
ibooks...

http://xkr47.outerspace.dyndns.org/configs/ibook-dualhead/
http://bulma.net/impresion.phtml?nIdNoticia=1634

In the last link, they talk about something called dri-trunk, but it was
a dev packate, and was for xfree 4.0.

By this time, I returned to the yellow dog´s xfree...
There are many configurations file, using dualhead...

Algo, while I was forcing the rpm to install, at some point, the rpm
database get corrupted, so tried to rebuild it with
rpm --rebuilddb and with rpm --initdb

I backed up my Packages bejor I do rpm --initdb

And now yum says:
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1 updates
rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/Packages: unsupported hash version: 8
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Invalid argument (22)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 44, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "yummain.py", line 145, in main
   File "clientStuff.py", line 146, in rpmdbNevralLoad
   File "clientStuff.py", line 139, in openrpmdb
NameError: global name 'RpmError' is not defined

Any help is welcome...