OOT: Acres of bacteria

Larry Autry yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 9 13:12:01 2004

Clint wrote:
> Mr. Bondster:
>
> bondtrails wrote:
> > Does anyone know if 'units' will compile and work on OS X?
>
> Last login: Thu Apr  8 10:53:50 on console
> Welcome to Darwin!
> [Clinton-MacDonalds-Computer:~] clint% units
> 501 units, 41 prefixes
>
> You have: furlongs
> You want: millimeters
>          * 201168
>          / 4.9709695e-06
>
> I have not consciously compiled or added "units" to my Mac OS X 10.2.8
> machine, so it must be in the standard installation (although I don't
> recall if I added the Developer packages or not).

This is of course side-stepping the question and off off topic, but are you aware that Google will convert units for you?

Enter this: convert 400 furlongs to millimeters

Google returns:
400 furlongs = 80 467 200 millimeters

Try this with the normal units program:
convert 6 dessert spoons to teaspoons

Google returns:
6 Imperial dessertspoons = 14.411405 US teaspoons

Back to the agenda...

Larry Autry
larry.autry@charter.net