trackpad problem on 3400

Jim yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 9 17:58:00 2004

I enabled the trackpad tapping function by editing
/etc/sysconfig/trackpad. But, it works intermittently. AFter some
reboots it works. After others, it doesn't. The /var/log/messages file
says:

Apr  9 06:54:11 localhost kernel: ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4
(trackpad)
Apr  9 06:54:18 localhost trackpad: READREG(3, 0) READREG(3, 1)
READREG(3, 2) RE
ADREG(3, 3)
Apr  9 06:54:18 localhost trackpad: Setting default trackpad options
succeeded

These messages have been consistent over multiple boots, while trackpad
behavior has not.

Is there a place to report such problems? I don't find any bug reporting
facility on the YDL web site.
--
Jim <jhart@bates.edu>