Ati radeon 7500 and Ibook with X.org

Krischan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 11 04:33:01 2004

Hi Andreas

As I mentioned before I compiled and installed X.org successful on my iBook G3 8ooMHz - however one little problem remaines: When I uncomment "# Load DRI" and launche the X.org server it crashes (well, ist starts up but ist is frozen). In this stage I can't even kill the X-server or switch to a terminal (Strg+alt+F1).
So, my iBook seems not to like the dri-module.
Did you Andreas, or anybody else got the X.org with dri running on an iBook?
With the XFree-Server that came with YDL 3.0.1 3D (dri) worked well, but the flickering during startup drove me nuts. Did anybody find a way so that  the X-server startup would not flicker?

Any hints are apprechiated! Happy Easter!

KrisChan