yaboot on iMac 333mhz

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 11 21:16:00 2004

I just installed YDL on my iMac 333 (5 flavors).  The install went fine
but I can't boot from yaboot.  It hangs after Please wait, loading
kernel...
I can boot from the install CD by typing linux root=/dev/hda14.  I
tried running ybin again once I was booting and then yabootconf, but
neither one would fix the problem so I could boot from the hard drive.
Same thing occurs with other linux distros.  I installed from the
newest 3.0.1 iso's.  I did install OS X 10.2.8 at one time, but
according to the website the 3.01 version takes care of that.
Any help would be appreciated.
David