Open Firmware Problem

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 13 13:02:01 2004

--Apple-Mail-1-496499615

Try zapping the pram by holding down command-option-p-r at boot untill
it chimes 2 or 3 times.  If that doesn't work try reformatting the
bootstrap partiton and then running ybin again.  Worked for me.  Also
you might try unplugging any extra usb devices until you get it worked
out.  Especially printers.  Hope this helps.
David

On Apr 13, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Felix Jodoin wrote:

> Hello,
> A bit ago I (by accident) changed the startup disc, so YDL doesn't
> boot; I just use the boot CD and go into rescue mode to use it. I
> decided I would like the menu again, so I re-ran ybin and rebooted.
> Open Firmware showed up, displaying a message like:
> DEFAULT CATCH!, code=300 at %SRR0: 011ee498 %SRR1: 00003030
> or something along those lines. I am running a 333mhz iMac with
> Panther and YDL 3.0.
> --
> Felix Jodoin
> President
> FJ Studios, Inc.
> Email: felixj@shaw.ca
> Phone: (204) 296-4480
--Apple-Mail-1-496499615

Try zapping the pram by holding down command-option-p-r at boot untill
it chimes 2 or 3 times.  If that doesn't work try reformatting the
bootstrap partiton and then running ybin again.  Worked for me.  Also
you might try unplugging any extra usb devices until you get it worked
out.  Especially printers.  Hope this helps.

David

A bit ago I (by accident) changed the startup disc, so YDL doesn't
boot; I just use the boot CD and go into rescue mode to use it. I
decided I would like the menu again, so I re-ran ybin and rebooted.
Open Firmware showed up, displaying a message like:

code=300 at %SRR0: 011ee498 %SRR1: 00003030

running a 333mhz iMac with Panther and YDL 3.0.

--

Felix Jodoin

President

FJ Studios, Inc.