CUPS - permissions for cancelling jobs?

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 13 16:06:02 2004

Hi YDLers,

just a short simple question:

How do I cancel jobs from the CUPS http interface (localhost:631)?

When simply clicking on the "Cancel Job" button under the "Jobs"
section, I ge a "client-forbidden-error". If I first go into the
"Administration" section and authenticate as root, I can cancel jobs
under the "Jobs" section.

I would like to be able to get an authentication window when clicking on
the "Cancel Job" button immediately, without having to go to the
"Administration" section first. The intention is to have a public web
interface for a print spooler, but only certain people (my lab admins)
should be able to cancel jobs. It would be to difficult to have them go
to the "administration" section prior to be able to cancel a job - plus
I would like to have the "Administration" section only available to one
special user, not my lab admins.

What would I need to change in the cupsd.conf file in order to implement
this? Create a location for each printer or ... ?

Any help appreciated,
Alex
--
Alexander Holst