More Airport Problems

Tom Burke yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 14 01:59:01 2004

Hello the list

I posted last week about problems I was having trying to get a standard
(802.11b) Airport card to work on a G3 iBook, and that in the end I
managed to do this, somehow.

Since then I have used this computer very little - just installed a
binary distribution of MySQL on it. So there's been no messing about
with system parameters. However this morning when I booted it eth1
failed, with this error message:  "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Input/output error".
Needless to say I don't have much idea what SIOCSIFFLAGS are, or how I
might have upset them.... I've rebooted several times, and have tried
quickly using the System Settings - network tool, and just get the same
error message each time.

Can anyone give me some clues? What might I have changed? Really, it
was *fine* when I shut it down before the weekend, and not fine when I
restarted it this morning.

Tom Burke