Spontaneous Shutdowns

Eric Dannewitz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 15 05:05:02 2004

I had my Mac in at MacResq, and they had it for about 6 days. It did
absolutely nothing for them. I can only assume that this is what the
issue is/was. I moved the machine so it has more ventilation
(Quicksilver 933Mhz), and it seems to be a lot more stable.

The problem/error appears in OS X's system log, and shows up if you
start into the shell (Apple-S). I'm not sure if YellowDog would show the
error as well.

Have you reset the PMU on the motherboard? Replaced the clock battery?
Reset PRAM and Open Firmware?