Spontaneous Shutdowns

Brian Mayton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 14 21:33:01 2004

> Yeah, I had something like this going on with my Quicksilver 2002. I
> think it is overheating as well. It would, in OS X, give a message
> Apple PMU::Forced shutdown -122............

Would there be any way to confirm this?  Some way to log it?

Also, is there a way to get the machine to boot up automatically after
such a failure?

I'm still not really convinced it's overheating, as it *is* in a
climate-controlled room...  there's a pretty good sized air conditioner
in the room and it stays pretty cool.  It also isn't running with very
much CPU utilization, no more than 20%, usually.  Most of the time it's
just sitting around, so it shouldn't be heating up.

This is a machine that ran for months at a time running OS X, using
much more CPU in a warmer room with no problems...

FYI, the machine is a 500MHz G4 revision 2.9... detected as "65
(PowerMac G4 AGP Graphics")

Thanks for the help so far...