ROMS for MOL

Kenneth Browne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 16 22:24:01 2004

Clinton MacDonald wrote:

>> Anyone know where or how I can get a ROM for my OLD WORLD MAC?
>> Everytime I attempt to run MOL it gives me a message that I need a OLD
>> WORLD MAC ROM, even though I'm running Mac OS9.
>> Can anyone help out?

Having the same problem...can't find MOL though I had it checked of when
I did my install.

> Here is a trick that sometimes works (I used it to get Mac-on-Linux
> working on my Wallstreet PowerBook with Mac OS 9.1).

     snip

> [5] Install Mac OS 9 onto one of your drives from the CD while booted in
> MOL.

I've already got a full install of OS 9.2.2 on half of my hard disk. Now
I have to install it again on the Mac side? I suspect I'd have a
different partition scheme if I knew this in advance.

> For whatever reason, when booted from the CD in MOL in this way, the
> installation installs the ROM file in the System Folder without
> additional prompting. I imagine the installer sees the MOL environment
> as a generic ROM-less Mac, and installs the ROM file accordingly.

Does this workaround actually install another copy of OS9 or does it
merely "repair" the installation?

clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA

Objects in taglines are closer than they appear.