Exception error during install

Will Stamps yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 17 10:47:01 2004

Crossposting from newbie list
_____________________________________

I am having problems installing YDL 3.01 [burned the ISO from the
mirror].  I have 2 drives, a smaller one with OS9 on it and a slightly
larger one for YDL. I didn't see anything in the install companion for
this scenerio.  Do I need to format the larger drive before the
install?  Or will DiskDruid do it for me?

I run into problems when I get to the Disk Partitioning Setup screen.
I get an unhandled exception error regardless of which choice I choose
[automatic, DiskDruid, or pDisk].  I tried to report the bug but the
link it gave me was dead.  The message is as follows:

An unhandled exception has occurred.  This is most likely a bug.
Please copy the full text of this exception then file a detailed bug
repaort against anaconda at http://bugs.terrasoftsolutions.com/

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/llib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 215,in move Step
   rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partitioning.py" line 57, in
partitionObjectsInitialize
   partitions.setFromDisk(diskset)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partitions.py" line 114, in setFromDisk
   ptype =
fsset.fileSystemTypeGet(partedUtils.map_foreign_tofsname(part.mac_native
_type))
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 61, in fileSystemTypeGet
   return fileSystemTypes[key]
KeyError, Foreign

I click OK and it shuts down YDL and tells me it is safe to reboot.

This is what I have tried so far:
-Removing firewire card
-Changing SCSI Id for the bigger drive so it comes both before and
after the drive with OS9
-Formated the larger drive in HFS, HFS+ and blowing the partition and
leaving it as free space [current status]

Here is my current system:

PowerMac 8600
604e 200MHz
192mb RAM [will go up if I can get this installed!]
Internal SCSI Bus
	4.53 GB Seagate Barracuda at ID 1[freespace, no OS]
	Matshita CD-Rom at ID 3
	2GB Western Digital at ID 4 [HFS w/OS9]
	100mb Zip at ID 5
1.4 Floppy