Another Silly YDL install question

George Katele yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 18 08:33:01 2004

Sorry for the crosspost to the newbies list.......

Here's my machine:

	Powermac G4 Dual 867.
	1 Gig Ram
	4 (yes) four hard drives on the 2 busses (I've ripped my
over-a-thousand CD collection).
	Music on 2 drives
	Boot drive and a backup on the other IDE bus.
	OS X 10.3.3

I'd like to install YDL on the backup drive (and backup to an external).
When i insert the YDL (3.0.1) CD and boot from it, the install hangs
right at the screen before I get to Anaconda (the text screen where it
says "space to continue").

Is it getting confused because of the fact that there are 3 drives?

Should I pull 3 drives out, install YDL on the spare, and then
reinstall the drives afterward?

Am I missing something really simple here?

Thanks in advance,

George
Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of
slips out.