Error making network connection, and mounting file servers

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 16 14:27:01 2004

In Kmail, I tried to save a message to a network server. In the
File>SaveAs... dialogue, I clicked the network button and got the
attached error dialogue. Is this a known bug? BTW, how does one report
bugs to YDL, anyway?

Also, I wish there were a GUI way to mount file servers outside of K
apps. I've had to resort to a lot of command line stuff to mount and
unmount servers, including changing setuid settings on 'mount' and
'smbmnt' so that I could have non-root access to my shares. Not for the
inexperienced!

Jim Hart, Project Manager
Academic Technology Services
Library and Information Services