ISpell not working

Eric Schwarzkopf yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 18 17:18:00 2004

Okay thanks for the info.=20
=46rom what I saw it looks like its in the correct PATH and everything lo=
oks to=20
be okay, but when I attempt to spell check this message I still can't get=
 it=20
to work right and this is the error message I'm still getting:
"ISpell/ASpell could not be started. Please make sure you have ISpell or=20
ASpell properly configure and in your PATH."

So what is going on, why won't it work?
Sugestions or idea's?

On Saturday 17 April 2004 12:41, Jason DeVita wrote:
> All of the following assumes you're using bash as your shell (you can
> check by typing "echo $SHELL").  If you're using another shell, the ide=
> is the same but the files are different.
>
> Type "whereis ispell".  That should return a path to ispell (if it
> doesn't, you may not have ispell installed).
>
> [jdevita]$ whereis ispell
> ispell: /usr/bin/ispell
>
> You can check your path with "echo $PATH".  If the path to ispell is
> not in your PATH, then add the following line to ~/.bash_profile
>
> PATH=3D$PATH":/usr/bin"
> (substituting, of course, whatever the path is on your machine)
>
> You'll need to re-login inorder for it to take effect (.bash_profile is
> executed upon login).  Alternatively, you can type "source
> ~/.bash_profile", and the change will take effect immediately, but only
> for the current shell.
>
> If you use csh or tcsh, I *believe* that ~/.login is the file to use.  =
If