Mail via local mail server

Dene Stringfellow yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 19 01:30:02 2004

I was wondering, how do I tell my new YDL 3.0 server to send
email reports generated by cron jobs via the local in-house mail
server. (The YDL server is NOT the mail server!).

I've already added an entry for the mail server into the
/etc/hosts file. However, when I scheduled a trial dump from the
FileSystem Backup webmin module, the YDL server initiated a
dialup connection via the network router probably because no
local SMTP server information has been provided.

So my question is: What do I need to configure to tell the YDL
box where the local SMTP server is?

Thanks in advance.

Dene Stringfellow