Apple keyboard

Thomas A. Schmitz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 20 12:05:03 2004

Sorry if this is a newbie question...
I managed to install ydl 3.0.1 on my G4 Quicksilver. Everything seems
to be working very well, I even managed to install teTeX manually and
build a newer version of Emacs. One thing, however, will not work, and
it makes my brand new linux installation pretty much useless: I can't
make linux recognize my "alt" key. I have tried every imaginable
combination of keyboards and keyboard layouts and read so many
documents on the web that my head is spinning, but I haven't found any
solution. I'm using a vanilla Apple USB-keyboard (one of the latest
models, white). When I hit the "alt" key, absolutely nothing happens,
so I can't type any accents or umlaute. Should I just reinstall? Or is
this a known problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks a million

Thomas