Installing YDL 3.0.1 From External Firewire CDROM

Daniel Gimpelevich yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 21 13:11:01 2004

It is possible to boot the YDL CD from a device other than the internal CD
drive, but it's very difficult because you have to tell Open Firmware how to
bypass the bootscript on the CD. Your best bet in the long run is to get the
internal drive fixed, but if you insist on booting externally, e-mail me
your phone# and a good time to call, and I will attempt to walk you through
the process from memory as best I can.    -DG
--
"Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do."
                                                        --National Lampoon