Installing YDL 3.0.1 From External Firewire CDROM

Reid Solberg yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 20 23:25:02 2004

I had a somewhat related problem with the identical external firewire
CD-RW.  I was attempting to install YDL from the drive on a DV iMac
400.  When I hold down Option at boot, I get the internal HD System 9
and the YDL CD with a Firewire and penguin icon.  If I boot from the CD,
it hangs.  I can install YDL successfully from the internal CD-Rom, and
I can boot/install  OS 9 from the firewire drive...  I wonder if it's a
specific problem with these drives.

Reid Solberg
http://reid.tk