boot failure

Tom Sorensen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 21 19:09:01 2004

Well I pulled the G3 card as soon as I got home and things have moved
along a little further, I now get through the boot process to the point
where it says "localhost login" and then the screen goes dark and then
back to login again about three times before a warning message comes up
saying it can't start X server. If I view the report the last line says
no devices detected and if I try to configure it fails and we end up
back at the localhost login prompt again. When I finished the YD install
I chose the generic VGA card and 1 MB of ram and my exact monitor from
the list but this didn't seem to help.