Are you reading flash cards via a PCMCIA slot? Was: Need ide-cs module

Konstantin Ryabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 25 20:54:01 2004

--------------enig77E98E31F01A9A830ACBC23E

Jim Hart wrote:
> OK, let me change the request. Would anyone who is able to put a flash
> memory card into an adapter, insert it into a PCMCIA slot and then read
> data or pictures from it, in YDL,  please contact me? I want to find out
> the details of how you got it to work.
>
> BTW, I followed the pcmcia HOWTO at The Linux Documentation Project. It
> assumes that you have the ide-cs module on your system.

I compiled ide_cs.o for 3.0.0 a while ago, but as far as I recall,
attempting to use it locked up my Tibook. I've switched to usb keydrive
for my private keys since then, so I've not had a chance to try, but
recompiling the YDL kernel isn't that hard should you wish to try it.

ide_cs used to work for me under ydl-2.3, so I wonder why it hung the
system for me under 3.0.

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Ryabitsev