boot failure

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 28 01:28:01 2004

Here's a nickel's worth. According to the man page for less:

DESCRIPTION
       Less is a program similar to more (1), but which allows backward
move-
       ment in the file as well as forward movement.

So, after all this time, not quite fully reading your e-mails, your
problem editing /etc/inittab seems to be that you are using a viewer
(less), when you should be using an editor (vi or pico), as Jeff states
below. Both are a bit arcane, being UNIX based text edtors, but man
pages are available for each of those, too.

If you haven't got those available, let us know and someone can send you
the text from their own man pages, to explain the use of vi or pico.

Olaf