boot failure

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 28 17:25:01 2004

If you type a lowercase v while perusing a document using more (or
less) the file is loaded into the editor specified by your EDITOR
environment variable. The default editor is usually vi, though for a
first time Linux user pico would be a better choice as it behaves a lot
more like the editors a DOS/Windows user would be familiar with and it
conveniently displays all the keyboard shortcuts  at the bottom of the
console. One of the most frustrating things about vi for a first time
user is trying to work out how to save and how to quit. That's why I
keep my trusty vi coffee mug handy at all times.

Greg