boot failure

Thomas Sorensen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 30 15:59:01 2004

on 4/30/04 10:25 AM, Norberto Quintanar at nquintanar@yahoo.com wrote:

> Try this in BootX kernel arguments:
>
> video=valkyriefb:vmode:10,cmode:8
>
> --- Thomas Sorensen <tomsor@comcast.net> wrote:
>> OK, after Xautoconfig it says file was written and I exit and
>> restart
>> still in user mode 3 and then type in startx, at this time the
>> screen
>> changes several lovely shades of colors and I can see several lines
>> of
>> script in the background the last one being arch: exit and half of
>> an X
>> in the middle of the screen  but things still wont boot and I end
>> up
>> back at an error message report screen. If I open the config file
>> that
>> was created in pico is there a value I should be looking for that I
>> can
>> change. I am using the built in valkyrie video and the Apple 15"
>> Multiscan monitor.

As always thanks alot for your help. When I tried to use that Kernel
exception the screen changed colors again with lots of wavey lines on it and
then went back to the error message. Several things I pulled out of the
message read as such:
(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: invalid argument
XIO: Fatal IO error 104
Let me know if there is any other info that would be helpful in diagnosing
this. Thanks