Removing/Resizing YDL?

Steven J. Norton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:31:10 -0400

Would this tool (ext2fsx) then allow me to mount Linux filesystems on the
Mac OS desktop so that they were accessible to Mac backup programs? I've
been looking for easier ways to run network backups so that I can get both
my Mac and Linux systems backed up at one time. I bought BRU for my Linux
server, but that has its own (slow) tape drive. I use Retrospect with
network clients to back up my Mac drives (to a nice AIT drive attached to my
G4 tower), and would love to be able to catch both the OS X and YDL
partitions on my laptop at the same time. (Retrospect has a client for
Linux, but it only works on Intel hardware and they have not responded to
those of us asking for a PPC version.)

And even if I could get Retrospect to see my YDL drives, could I trust the
backup? Any advice appreciated.

  -- Steve