Removing/Resizing YDL? (OT)

Peter Hummers yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:54:13 -0400

From: mascarasnake <dontdrill@earthlink.net>

>to add a little to Dr. Clint's reply here - If you are *not* adverse to
>using a CLI utility to do your backups, you could try psync. Carbon Copy
>cloner uses this as part of it's backup options. It's a lot simpler to
>use than rsync (it's designed specifically for local backups, not
>network syncs). You can get it from Bombich Software:

That's right, the mascara snake - fast 'n' bulbous!

I'm new here - I'm fixin' to replace OS X on our Xserve with YellowDog.
Will try at home on a PPC with networking tools to get a feel for it first.
Although so far have been unable to install on an old PPC 5500 - may try
debian there, too, but I think YDL is the way to go on a slot-loading
Xserve.

If the 5500 is recalcitrant I'll find another Mac box to play with.

I use debian on X86 at home, so I'm familiar with the Penguin, but not
(yet) with Linux networking.

(Also familiar with FreeBSD on X86, and I have to say that Mac OS X
_buh-LOWS_ in comparison!)

--
Peter Hummers at The Outer Banks Sentinel http://www.obsentinel.com
==