A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
03 Aug 2004 16:48:55 -0400

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 16:25, nathan r. hruby wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Kai Staats wrote:
>
> > Subscribers to the Yellow Dog Linux General list,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the creation of Terra Soft Forums:
> > http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/forums/
> >
> > ... which will replace the use of the newbie, general, and devel email lists.
> > This new environment is more functional, aesthetically pleasing, and less
> > maintenance intensive in comparison to the mailman-based lists.
> >
> > The existing lists will be terminated this coming Monday, the 9th of August.
> > (No need to terminate your membership list, I will take care of this for you
> > next week.) The lists archives will of course be retained. Please create an
> > account with the new forum(s), migrate conversations and threads, and enjoy!
> >

> A Linux distribution without a real mailing list?  That *has* to be one of the
> most retarded ideas ever.
>
> Goodbye Terrasoft.
>
> -n

yeah i am not happy about it either... the bbs they use is one i dont
care much for at all... dunno if i will contribute/visit much myself...
i like the ML much better...

sloopy.