A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:08:13 -0700 (PDT)

--- sloopy <sloopy@ydl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 16:25, nathan r. hruby wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Kai Staats wrote:
> >
> > > Subscribers to the Yellow Dog Linux General list,
> > >
> > > We are pleased to announce the creation of Terra Soft Forums:
> > > http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/forums/
> > >
> > > ... which will replace the use of the newbie, general, and
> devel email lists.
> > > This new environment is more functional, aesthetically
> pleasing, and less
> > > maintenance intensive in comparison to the mailman-based lists.
> > >
> > > The existing lists will be terminated this coming Monday, the
> 9th of August.
> > > (No need to terminate your membership list, I will take care of
> this for you
> > > next week.) The lists archives will of course be retained.
> Please create an
> > > account with the new forum(s), migrate conversations and
> threads, and enjoy!
> > >

> > A Linux distribution without a real mailing list?  That *has* to
> be one of the
> > most retarded ideas ever.
> >
> > Goodbye Terrasoft.
> >
> > -n
>

> yeah i am not happy about it either... the bbs they use is one i
> dont
> care much for at all... dunno if i will contribute/visit much
> myself...
> i like the ML much better...
>
> sloopy.

I like ML's better than forums too.  But I really like YDL also.
Which choice is the lesser of two evils?  Sticking with YDL and the
forums or migrating completely to debian and a mailing list?  Only
time will tell.