A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:27:51 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I hope Kai and the rest of the folks at TSS and YDL pay attention to their users. I too, am not interested in a forum based solution. Generally, I find mailing lists easier then forums to find solutions. I just don't have time to go to forums and wade through threads, most of which are useless chatter, for answers and information.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Kai Staats <kstaats@terrasoftsolutions.com>
Sent: Aug 3, 2004 1:00 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

Subscribers to the Yellow Dog Linux General list,

We are pleased to announce the creation of Terra Soft Forums:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/forums/

... which will replace the use of the newbie, general, and devel email lists.
This new environment is more functional, aesthetically pleasing, and less
maintenance intensive in comparison to the mailman-based lists.

The existing lists will be terminated this coming Monday, the 9th of August.
(No need to terminate your membership list, I will take care of this for you
next week.) The lists archives will of course be retained. Please create an
account with the new forum(s), migrate conversations and threads, and enjoy!

Finally, we are pleased to state the new Forums will be moderated as follows:

	newbie - AJ Hawks, Install/Build Engineer, TSS
	general - Christopher Murtagh, long-standing YDL user
	devel - Owen Stampflee, Lead Engineer, TSS

... the Announce, Media-Relations, and Updates list will not migrate to the
Forums as they function well as such.

Sincerely,
Kai Staats
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.