A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

Kai Staats yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:06:06 -0600

Joe,

> I hope Kai and the rest of the folks at TSS and YDL pay attention to their
> users. I too, am not interested in a forum based solution. Generally, I
> find mailing lists easier then forums to find solutions. I just don't have
> time to go to forums and wade through threads, most of which are useless
> chatter, for answers and information.

Yes, we are paying attention. A number of individuals asked for a forum, and
now a number of asking that we stay with the lists. I am not certain if a
forum will generate more chatter than a list, but I do understand the desire
to remain clear of the web interface.

Let me post to the lists a request for feedback and see what we get. Nothing
is set in stone. We are just trying to do the right thing.

kai