lists vs forums ... response requested

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:36:47 -0400

Kudos to Kai and TerraSoft for their commitment to "do the right thing."  Here's my vote:

I've used both types and you can count me as another one who prefers the lean interface of email over the fat interface of a web forum.

I find it easier to submit and/or answer questions and easier to search for answers to my questions.  Those are the three things I do most often.

The yellowdog-general list has been an excellent resource for me in the past.  The posts are unusually knowledgeable and informative.  There is a minimum of the "chit-chat" that pollutes many mailinglists.  Best of all, for all their businesslike attitude, the folks here are friendly and always courteous.  It's a rare group and one I'm proud to be involved with.

Rick