A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

Harold Shanafield yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:47:18 -0700 (PDT)

I think the best of both worlds would be a forum that
allows varying levels of subscription.  Perhaps a
daily email with all the new topics begun since the
previous email, or with all the posts made during the
day (which would be almost identical to what we have
now.)  If the list manager was smart enough, you might
even be able to reply by email and have the message
posted to the appropriate topic.  I would be surprised
if this functionality hasn't been attempted somewhere.
 This way I and like minded subscribers wouldn't have
to read through 200 lines of

to get to a one sentence reply.  Forums are a much
more organized way of responding to and discussing an
issue.  As usual, the idea wasn't a bad one, it was
the way it was pitched...

Harold