A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:01:45 +1000

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 11:47:18AM -0700, Harold Shanafield wrote:
>  This way I and like minded subscribers wouldn't have
> to read through 200 lines of

[...]
> to get to a one sentence reply.  [...]

In mailing lists (and newsgroups) this is due to people ignoring the
old usenet conventions of quoting only enough for context.  As a
result the message becomes full of extraneous rubbish that serves no
useful purpose.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics & Materials Engineering