RPMs for MySQL version 4?

Steven J. Norton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:08:35 -0400

Hello all,

I've just discovered that a key command I need for a PHP/MySQL project I'm
working on (and running from my YDL server) is only available in MySQL
version 4 and later. YDL 3 shipped with MySQL version 3.23.54, but the
current stable release is apparently 4.0.20. While they have a downloadable
version for powerpc, it's not an RPM (those are only available for select
platforms like x86) but it doesn't seem to be source either and I admit I'm
lost as to how to proceed. The "installation" instructions in the manual
only made things worse.

Does anyone know where an RPM of MySQL 4 might be found, or failing that
what steps I should take to upgrade with whatever it is I downloaded from
mysql.com? Thanks in advance,

  -- Steve