RPMs for MySQL version 4?

Jima yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:31:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Steven J. Norton wrote:
> Does anyone know where an RPM of MySQL 4 might be found, or failing that
> what steps I should take to upgrade with whatever it is I downloaded from
> mysql.com? Thanks in advance,

 They've got an SRPM that can be rebuilt for PPC.  Scroll to the bottom of
this page, second item up:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.0.html

 Download, run:

# rpm -Uvh MySQL-4.0.20-0.src.rpm

 Edit the files in /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES/, or the .spec in
/usr/src/rpm/SPECS/.  The compiled-in data directory should be someplace.
 When you're done tweaking, run:

# rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/rpm/SPECS/MySQL.spec

(or whatever the .spec file is called, I forget)
 That'll generate a modified SRPM, and binary RPMs.

     Jima