Lost in Flash Drive PCI USB SCSI hotplug, etc.

Jima yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:43:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Walt Pawley wrote:
> Anyone have some pointers or out right direct procedures for getting at a
> flash drive?

 I'd say it varies by the flash drive, and by how it's formatted.
 You said it showed up as /dev/sda (which makes sense).  What did you try
mounting it as?  /dev/sda1?  Have you tried mounting it as /dev/sda?
(This sounds incredibly stupid, but I had a flash drive only work that way
with the factory formatting, even though fdisk showed a partition.  It may
be the default behavior, I don't know.)  Also, could you paste the output
of `fdisk -l /dev/sda`, pdisk, whatever?

> I'm still lost in Flash Limbo, ducking swirling man pages and dripping
> Googoyles to oogle.

 That's gotta be one of the funniest ways to say "I've searched and
searched" I've seen.  Way to RTFM & STFW. :)

     Jima