"cannot remove /var/run/console.lock"

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 22:42:43 -0400

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 08:26, raiyza wrote:

When asking for help, the key is in the details :)

> loaded the base install over existing setup without effect.

Sorry it didn't help much...

> I think there were some error messages to do with libraries but have not
> been able to find the log.

check in /root/install.log or maybe even in /root/install.log.syslog.
These two are created by Anaconda during the installation process. All
the others 'real' logs are in /var/log/XFree86.*.log, dmesg, boot.log,
messages are the most important.

> Tried opening Glade with error:
>
> Gtk Warning**:cannot open display.

What have you tried exactly? How have you tried to open glade?

> Does this help?
> X should be allright because I am able to get to the  GUI login

Great.

> it just will not let me get any further.

hmm... You typed in your username <return> then your password <return>
and nothing is happening?