"cannot remove /var/run/console.lock"

raiyza yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:26:05 +1000

on 7/8/04 12:42 PM, Andrew at virgule88@videotron.ca wrote:

Thanks Andrew,
will try to be more specific with the detail.
What I did was load the base install from the installation cd over my
existing linux operating system.
This had no effect in that I am still unable to login.

> check in /root/install.log or maybe even in /root/install.log.syslog.
> These two are created by Anaconda during the installation process. All
> the others 'real' logs are in /var/log/XFree86.*.log, dmesg, boot.log,
> messages are the most important.

When try to open:
/root/install.log, /root/install.log.syslog and /var/log/XFree86.*.log
get a message saying no such file or directory.
The other logs seemed to contain nothing sinister.

> What have you tried exactly? How have you tried to open glade?

All I did was glade <return> from the command line when I go to linux 1 at
boot.

> hmm... You typed in your username <return> then your password <return>
> and nothing is happening?

Correct, it just takes me back to an empty login box.
--
Regards, ray.