[OT] The World is Yellow!

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:59:31 -0400

Yellow all! :)
	Waking-up thusday, after a cup of coffee, I walked by the  computer
room and found an intriguing sight. It it yellow. All yellow!  My
monitor (a KDS) is all yellow-ish tainted. I thought about some cable
miss connection or a bended pin but they are fine. Now I'm like WTF?!?!?
I checked all the display settings, VCard setups, resulution stuffs. All
is fine, indeed. I reboot.. Ok it still yellow all the way. The
macintosh hardware is fine since I plugged back that old 14' ColorPlus
monitor and all is fine. I won't use it since it only can do
640x480@67hz.. Its unsuable with Linux  (and even MacOS9). SO I grab thr
phone looking for a used monitor. I found a TTX 17' that was working
fine at the store. Back home it just absolutely refused to work. Blank
is all it could do (?!?!?). Bringing it back to the store the clerk was
like hhuhuhu (he thought I was BS-ing him). I finally mentionned it is
to be connected to a Macintosh... He jumped and said "Good Lord!, You
should have mentionned that ages ago! I have a 20' that is taking all
the place on my back-store. I would have let it go for like CAN $20" (I
paid CAN $60 for the TTX) I was quite happy to bring that glorious
RasterOps 20/20 home. NOT! All it could do is garbage
out-of-sync-and-fast-moving-colorful-lines. Now Im kind of deceived. I
called the clerk back (again)... we have a rendez-vous Monday 9th with
all three monitors and my computer and "we'll check it out". I played a
little with imlib_config "Color Correction" sliders and found the blue
is gone. All the blue is GONE. Only red and green guns are working... I
sure hope I'll find a quick and cheap solution as I would have spend
this money somewhere better....

Thanks for time reading this.