Powerbook Aluminum PCMCIA

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:05:52 -0700

--On Sunday, August 08, 2004 12:01:05 PM -0600
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> Subject: Powerbook Aluminum PCMCIA
> From: Allon Bendavid <allon@imacination.com>
> To: <yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>
> Since the Airport Extreme chipset is not supported, I bought a Linksys
> WPC11 v. 3 card (Prism II chip).  I have scoured the net for the memory
> settings for the PCMCIA for this machine, can't find anything.  Can't get
> the card to work.
>
> Does anybody have a wireless solution for the Powerbook Alum?
>
> -Allon

Allon,

This worked for me. I edited my /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia file to look like
this:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=do_scan=0
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=-f

Saved the changes, rebooted, ran Internet Configuration Wizard and
everything was good. I'm using the Orinoco Silver on a PowerBook Aluminum
15" but I'm sure this part of the configuration would be the same for your
card. I'm certainly no expert at this so if anyone else knows better maybe
you could shed a little light on this subject.

--

Christopher

--

Christopher Brown