RPMS for MySQL version 4?

Steven J. Norton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:36:42 -0400

My thanks to everyone who has responded. I did indeed (as other have)
compile from the source RPMs (it took a couple of hours on my PB G3) and
ended up with the same new RPM files. I hadn't tried to install them yet,
and so hadn't run into the dependency problem.

The MySQL upgrade notes did discuss a change in the libraries, and did
recommend the installation of their "shared-compat" rpm. So after seeing
Laurent's message, I downloaded it and tried to install -- and ran into
another problem I've hit before:

error: Failed dependencies:
        ld-linux.so.2 is needed my MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.20-0

I've learned that this library is only used on the x86 platform, which is
what this rpm was intended for. Is there some other simple way to get this
installed? All help, again, appreciated. Thanks!

 -- Steve

on 8/8/2004 2:01 PM, Laurent Papier wrote:
> > that fail to install because:
> >
> > # rpm -Uvh MySQL*
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed)
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1017-3