[OT] The World is Yellow! UPDATE

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:59:52 -0400

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 01:10, sloopy wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 10:59, Andrew wrote:
> > Yellow all! :)
> > the place on my back-store. I would have let it go for like CAN $20" (I
> > paid CAN $60 for the TTX) I was quite happy to bring that glorious
> > RasterOps 20/20 home. NOT! All it could do is garbage
> > out-of-sync-and-fast-moving-colorful-lines. Now Im kind of deceived. I
> > called the clerk back (again)... we have a rendez-vous Monday 9th with
> > all three monitors and my computer and "we'll check it out". I played a
> > little with imlib_config "Color Correction" sliders and found the blue
> > is gone. All the blue is GONE. Only red and green guns are working... I
> > sure hope I'll find a quick and cheap solution as I would have spend
> > this money somewhere better....
> >
> > Thanks for time reading this.
>

> it is probly a fixed resolution monitor... and probly 1024x768 or
> 1152x870... try those resolutions with a 70, 74.5, or 75hz refresh...
>
> sloopy.

This could have been...
I've spend the whole afternoon in the shop with that fat and friendly
guy troubleshooting my monitors. Well, the TTX *is* working great,
indeed, but only when connected to a PC... Don't ask why, it is a
strange as unexplainable... Then we tried both the RasterOps (he had two
of the same model sitting in storage room) and BOTH are out-of-synch.
Now he know they are both screwed so he is happily going to sent them
away for recycling. Those 20' are FAT and use lots of room:-). We tried
loads of different make/size monitors and unfortunately none could fit
my requirements: either too small, twisted or out of my price range. Too
bad for that 17' LCD... I left the shop posting a request for a
'good-enough' 1280x1024-capable monitor. It should be set by the end of
this week. until then, well, the World is all blue-less :-)

Thanks you.
Andrew