[OT] The World is Yellow! UPDATE

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
10 Aug 2004 22:40:04 -0400

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 17:59, Andrew wrote:

> This could have been...
> I've spend the whole afternoon in the shop with that fat and friendly
> guy troubleshooting my monitors. Well, the TTX *is* working great,
> indeed, but only when connected to a PC... Don't ask why, it is a
> strange as unexplainable... Then we tried both the RasterOps (he had two
> of the same model sitting in storage room) and BOTH are out-of-synch.
> Now he know they are both screwed so he is happily going to sent them
> away for recycling. Those 20' are FAT and use lots of room:-). We tried
> loads of different make/size monitors and unfortunately none could fit
> my requirements: either too small, twisted or out of my price range. Too
> bad for that 17' LCD... I left the shop posting a request for a
> 'good-enough' 1280x1024-capable monitor. It should be set by the end of
> this week. until then, well, the World is all blue-less :-)
>
> Thanks you.
> Andrew

i didnt see what machine you are using but guessing by the fact you
tried a Color Plus 14" i would say you are probly using a resolution
adaptor... just remember not all resolution adaptors are created
equal... usually the 4 switch variety dont work on as many monitors as
10 switch, or ones with a rotary dial and 4-6 switches... i have one
here with 4 switches that i cant get two monitors to work for me with,
but with my 10switch or my rotary/6 switch they work fine...

as for the rasterops, it is possible a similar thing happened if it
didnt have a mac specific cable with resolution pins set... (and just
cause it has a DB-15 doesnt mean it is mac specific...)

sloopy.