PowerBook 17"

Daley, Mark (AFM) yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:00:01 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47F92.5925D1A0

I have been looking if it is safe/possible to install YDL on my Rev2 17"
PowerBook. The specs are:-

17" Screen
1.33Ghz G4
64MB ATI 9600
80GB HD
2x SuperDrive.

I have searched the list archives but cannot find anyone who have
successfully installed YDL. There have also been reports that it is not safe
to install Linux on this model due to power management / fans not being
operational. Would you be able to shed some light and point me in the right
direction? I have installed Linux before but only on an x86. Thanks for your
time.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Emails aren't always secure, and they may be intercepted or changed after they've been sent. Abbey doesn't accept liability if this happens. If you think someone may have interfered with this email, please get in touch with the sender another way.

This message doesn't create or change any contract. Abbey doesn't accept responsibility for damage caused by any viruses contained in this email or its attachments.  Emails may be monitored.

If you've received this email by mistake, please let the sender know at once that it's gone to the wrong person and then destroy it without copying, using, or telling anyone about its contents.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc Reg. No. 2338548, Cater Allen International Ltd Reg. No. 2572704, and Inscape Investments Limited Reg. No. 3839455 are registered in England and have their Registered Offices at: Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3AN.

Cater Allen International Ltd is a subsidiary of Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Abbey National Treasury Services plc and Cater Allen International Ltd are Members of The London Stock Exchange.

Abbey National Asset Managers Ltd. Reg. No. 106669. Registered Office: Abbey National House, 301 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5HN. Registered in Scotland.
Abbey National Asset Managers Ltd and Inscape Investments Limited are members of the Abbey Marketing Group and provide OEICS, PEPS, and ISAs.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc, Cater Allen International Ltd, Inscape Investments Limited, and Abbey National Asset Managers Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Abbey Financial Markets is the brand name for Abbey National Treasury Services plc.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47F92.5925D1A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>PowerBook 17&quot;</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">I have been looking if it is =
safe/possible to install</FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">YDL</FONT><FO=
NT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey"> on my Rev2 17" PowerBook. The specs are:-</FONT=
></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">17" Screen</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">1.33Ghz G4</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">64MB ATI 9600</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">80GB HD</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">2x SuperDrive.</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">I have searched the list arch=
ives but cannot find anyone who have successfully installed</FONT> <FONT SI=
ZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">YDL</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">. There have =
also been reports that it is not safe to install Linux on this model due to=
 power management / fans not being operational. Would you be able to shed s=
ome light and point me in the right direction? I have installed</FONT> <FON=
T SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey">Linux</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Abbey"> before=
 but only on an x86. Thanks for your time.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><A NAME=3D"_MailAutoSig"></A></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT></P>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
***********<BR>
Emails aren't always secure, and they may be intercepted or changed after t=
hey've been sent. Abbey doesn't accept liability if this happens. If you th=
ink someone may have interfered with this email, please get in touch with t=
he sender another way.<BR>
<BR>
This message doesn't create or change any contract. Abbey doesn't accept re=
sponsibility for damage caused by any viruses contained in this email or it=
s attachments.  Emails may be monitored.<BR>
<BR>
If you've received this email by mistake, please let the sender know at onc=
e that it's gone to the wrong person and then destroy it without copying, u=
sing, or telling anyone about its contents. <BR>
<BR>
Abbey National Treasury Services plc Reg. No. 2338548, Cater Allen Internat=
ional Ltd Reg. No. 2572704, and Inscape Investments Limited Reg. No. 383945=
5 are registered in England and have their Registered Offices at: Abbey Nat=
ional House, 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3AN.<BR>
<BR>
Cater Allen International Ltd is a subsidiary of Abbey National Treasury Se=
rvices plc. Abbey National Treasury Services plc and Cater Allen Internatio=
nal Ltd are Members of The London Stock Exchange.<BR>
<BR>
Abbey National Asset Managers Ltd. Reg. No. 106669. Registered Office: Abbe=
y National House, 301 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5HN. Registered in Sco=
tland.<BR>
Abbey National Asset Managers Ltd and Inscape Investments Limited are membe=
rs of the Abbey Marketing Group and provide OEICS, PEPS, and ISAs.<BR>
<BR>
Abbey National Treasury Services plc, Cater Allen International Ltd, Inscap=
e Investments Limited, and Abbey National Asset Managers Ltd are authorised=
 and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.<BR>
<BR>
Abbey Financial Markets is the brand name for Abbey National Treasury Servi=
ces plc.<BR>
</FONT></CODE>
</BODY>
</HTML>