printing options

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:52:02 +0200

Hello John and others,

I recently bought me an EpsonNet print server to make my Epson Stylus
Photo 950 a stand-alone printer on my network.

This was configured easily enough in Windows, but in Linux, I'm puzzled.

Since you seem to have experience with another print server, maybe you
could help me.

I would like to print to this printer via the internet printing
protocol, but I'm not sure what URI I should enter in CUPS.

Note: the printer is at address 192.168.0.11, and according to its
configuration utility, the IPP URL is configured as
http://192.168.0.11:631/EPSON950_IPP

I tried this as the URI in cups, and selected the Epson Stylus Photo 950
ppd from a freshly compiled Gimp-Print 4.2.7 package, but when I try to
print a test page, I get:
"Unable to get printer status (client-error-not-found)!"

And no page gets printed.

I'm at a loss here.

What could be wrong ?

Cheers,