printing options - SOLVED

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:57:50 +1000

> FWIW -  whenever I install from source on YDL I always use the
> --prefix=/usr option because, for whatever reason, YDL does not use
> /usr/local for directory prefix but just /usr.  Don't know why YDL
> differs from RH on this basic configuration but it does.

I don't understand this comment.  I have been using a large amount
of locally compiled software on YDL using the prefix /usr/local.
I have no problems in doing so or in using the software.

It may be that the default path does not include /usr/local/bin in
YDL.  Since I usually modify the default paths I may no longer recall
having added them myself, but am pretty sure I did not have to do so.

--
Stephen Harker