Sponsored Linux App contest -- Your assistance is requested: 2004 08/14

TSS Staff yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:19:45 -0600

Associates of Terra Soft,

While I cannot provide the full details just yet (all will be made public in
roughly two weeks), a sponsor of an incredible PowerPC Linux 'applications
contest' has asked Terra Soft to assist with preparation.

In quick summary, this contest will offer 3 levels of award, centered around
the development of new apps for PowerPC Linux (tier 1) and the porting of
existing apps from x86 to PowerPC Linux (tiers 2 and 3).

The sponsor will offer 2 lists of existing x86 apps (100 apps on each list)
from which contestants may choose and then port to PowerPC Linux. The first
100 developers in each category to generate the port and have it approved by
the application author (quality control) will win.

Terra Soft has been asked to help generate this list of 200 apps ... And now I
ask you for your assistance.

If there exist one or more (or many) open-source apps you have used on x86
Linux that you would like to see ported to PowerPC Linux, please provide the
following information to <apps-contest@terrasoftsolutions.com> :

	- name
	- short (1-2 sentence) summary of function
	- home page (URL)
	- author and his/her contact info

This is a most exciting opportunity for Terra Soft, for the Yellow Dog Linux
user-base, and for the entire PowerPC Linux community. Your response must be
received with the close of this Wednesday, August 18 --so act fast!

Stay tuned to this list for more details --thank you!

Sincerely,
kai