G3 problems booting internal ide: would pci-usb/firewire card boot?

Arch and Cath yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:21:10 -0400

Be very, very careful.    I have been having a great deal of trouble trying
to get firewire to work using a Keyspan USB2 + Firewire PCI card.
Evidently many (most?) combined USB/Firewire cards will not work with
existing Linux drivers.

See the Linux 1394 Hardware Compatibility list at
http://www.linux1394.org/hcl.php?class_id=2.

Arch